- Bill Gates
- Biography of a high-interest personality of the 20th Century, packed with photos, quotes and information.
- Wolfgang Paalen: Artist and Theorist of the Avant-Garde
- Both critic and artist, Wolfgang Paalen was a highly influential figure in the culture of the Modernist movements of the 20th century. His work significantly informed Abstract Expressionism, especially with his periodical DYN, published from 1942-1944, which became a seminal work for painters of that time.
- 20th Century America: 100 Influential People
- Which Americans have had the most influence on the 20th century? A number of prominent historians, writers, business leaders and publishers were polled, resulting in these short biographies of 100 important Americans.
- The Greatest Benefit to Mankind: A Medical History of Humanity
- Samuel Johnson once called the medical profession "the greatest benefit to mankind." In the 20th century, the quality of that benefit has improved more and more rapidly than at any other comparable time in history. With all the capabilities of modern medicine's practicioners, however, we as a people are as worried about our health as ever.
Précédente 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Suivante