- The Rugby Quiz Book
- All you have ever wanted to know about Rugby League and Rugby Union but have never dared to ask until now (as the answers are in the back of the book!) Will you get stung by a Wasp or charge through the 1,200 questions and mow down the opposition like a Rhino? You will have to cast your minds back over the last two centuries to recall facts about the game’s origins, great players, cup competitions, clubs, stadiums, kit colours, nicknames,
- Costumes and Textiles of Royal India
- "For centuries, the ruling dynasties of India promoted the skills of spinners, weavers, dyers, printers and embroiderers, commissioning textiles from renowned centres of excellence across the subcontinent. Delicate muslins from Dacca, fine silk brocades from Varanasi, complex woollen weaves from Kashmir, intricate gold embroideries from Lahore - all were transformed into costumes fit for kings and courtiers.
- Law and Revolution
- The roots of modern Western legal institutions and concepts go back nine centuries to the Papal Revolution, when the Western church established its political and legal unity and its independence from emperors, kings, and feudal lords. Out of this upheaval came the Western idea of integrated legal systems consciously developed over generations and centuries.
- The Letter of James
- Luke Timothy Johnson tackles the rich and controversial Epistle of James in this Anchor Bible title, focusing on the ways James has been interpreted over the centuries and highlighting the vast appreciation that has been expressed for this pivotal letter. --Ce texte fait référence à une édition épuisée ou non disponible de ce titre.
Précédente 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 51 Suivante