- ONE Heart, give voice to sing Of life on dragon wings! Fort Weyr, AL 508.2.2 It was still snowing, and cold. Fiona shivered, wishing she hadn't outgrown her warm fur-lined leathers. Back in hot Igen, heavy clothing had been out of place, but here, at Fort Weyr, it was invaluable.
- Odin Den Ivana Denisovica. Matrenin Dvor.
- REVEILLE WAS sounded, as always, at 5 a.m.--a hammer pounding on a rail outside camp HQ. The ringing noise came faintly on and off through the windowpanes covered with ice more than an inch thick, and died away fast. It was cold and the warder didn't feel like going on banging.
- For the Love of Hockey: HOCKEY STARS PERSONAL STORIES
- "My mom gave a couple of dollars to a woman who was in desperate need of milk for her family. In return, the woman gave my mom a gunnysack full of things, including a pair of skates. My sister Edna grabbed one and I got the other. We went outside and push-glided around an ice pond. When Edna got cold and took her skate off, I put it on my other foot.
- Red Planet
- Willis The thin air of Mars was chill but not really cold. It was not yet winter in southern latitudes and the daytime temperature was usually above freezing. The queer creature standing outside the door of a dome-shaped building was generally manlike in appearance, but no human being ever had a head like that.
Précédente 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 51 Suivante