- Sleeping with the Devil: How Washington Sold Our Soul for Saudi Crude
- We Deliver AnywhereCaesarea, IsraelApril 7, 2001The marble Palace perched amid the olive trees above the sea looked like a lot of other posh resort hotels I'd seen around the Mediterranean. The shiny new Mercedes and canary yellow Ferrari parked out front fit right in. I knew that if I poked around a little, I'd find a casino somewhere on the premises.
- Holidays in Heck
- Holidays in Heck takes the reader on a globe-trotting journey to far-reaching places including China, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan and the Galapagos Islands. The collection begins after the Iraq War, when P.J. retired from being a war correspondent because he was "too old to keep being scared stiff and too stiff to keep sleeping on the ground.
- The Happy Hook Up: A Single Girl's Guide to Casual Sex
- Mindless fling, harmless hook-up, booty call, friends with benefits. Call it what you want, but lets be honest: more females than ever are choosing to stay singleand sleeping around has become an accepted, if not expected, part of the singles scene. But while casual sex is no longer a girls dirty little secret, its not always as easy as its often made out to be.
- The Devil's Edge
- In the heart of summer, in the dead of night, something wakes you. The house is quiet. The children are sleeping. The kitchen is empty. Except for the body on the floor. A series of brutal home invasions is terrorizing the Peak District. Until now, the burglars haven't left a clue. This time, they've left a corpse.
- Moosewood Restaurant New Classics: 350 Recipes for Homestyle Favorites and Everyday Feasts
- Breakfast & BrunchIt seems that a new study linking a good morning meal to improved concentration, mental acuity, memory, and energy is released every few months, and these findings are especially pertinent to kids.Yet, too often our mornings are ushered in by sleeping until the last minute, cajoling and threatening late risers, then wolfing down something before dashing for buses, trains, and carpools.
- Childhoods End
- The volcano that had reared Tratua up from the Pacific depths had been sleeping now for half a million years. Yet in a little while, thought Reinhold, the island would be bathed with fires fiercer than any that had attended its birth. He glanced towards the launching site, and his gaze climbed the pyramid of scaffolding that still surrounded the “Columbus.
- Sleeping With the Dictionary
- It's been over six years since Mullen published her last book, Muse & Drudge, a series of terse, wacky quatrains which barnstormed through plangent blues to "rhime rich" rap, from Language poetry-style minimalism to "the doubles" of the playground dis.
- Private Life
- PROLOGUE1942Stella, who had been sleeping in her basket in the corner, leapt up barking and then slipped out the bedroom door. Margaret heard her race down the stairs. It was early; fog still pressed against the two bedroom windows.Margaret sat up, but then she lay back on her pillow, dejected—she must have missed a telegram, and now her husband, Andrew, had returned.
- The Gifted Ones
- Lisa was conservatively raised in a Catholic family in no-where middle America, where excitement is scarce and dreams are for sleeping. Little did she know, at age thirteen, she would suddenly find herself on a totally different path. Through an unlikely chance meeting of a fellow classmate, she's surprisingly mesmerized, almost consumed, to befriend a girl who is obviously from the other side of the tracks.
Précédente 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Suivante